Monday 26 May 2008

I have a trail at being a pro blogger

Ever since starting my college blog I feel compelled to try and take things further and further. I think blogging is an amazing platform to get your name out there, not only as a way for industry professionals to see your work, but also it seems a great way of building your work into a brand

I have also been lucky enough to talk to many influential people who are well know through out the blogosphere such as ijustine, Brookers, DJSteen, Myles Dyer, and Sarah Meyers

Blogging has just become something that I love. Recently I have wanted to take my blogging and writing to a more professional level (and use it as a way to earn a bit of extra cash over the summer) Recently I sent off a few e-mails to some technology websites to see if they had any spaces for someone to blog for them.

Here is the e-mail i sent

"I am a student studing for a BA (Hons) Design for Digital Media at Leeds College of Art and Design

If you look at my personal blog you will www.lukeb3000.blogspot.com you will see that it is my university blog but there are also a lot of technology related post.

Technology is something i have had an interest in since being very young.

Growing up I was really into games consoles and was always blown away when the next gen consoles were released.

As i have become older (and now have my own income to spend) my interest in technology has not diminished. As well as buying and reading technology on a regular basis I am also a regular reader of many technology sites such as digg.com, ars technica,the register, reg hardware, infosyncworld and many more.

Since buying both a MacBook and iPod touch last year i have also started listening to both technology video and pod casts on a regular basis.

Friends often consider me to be the technology geek of the group,they are sometimes perplexed by the terms i use and the things i talk about, which is often the latest piece of technology yet to hit the stores.

I have been an avid fan of mobile phone technology since the 90's. My first phone was a Nokia 5110, and have enjoyed watching the industries advances over the years

Since then i have owned a vast array of different handsets many of them Nokia's and Sony Ericssons. All my recent handsets have been smartphones, as being a technology enthusiast i love the extra features they have to offer

Not to jump on the iPhones bandwagon but i think that the touch screen interface is the future and thought this when i owned a Sony Ericsson P900

My current mobile phone is a Nokia N80 I had my eyes firmly on this phone well before Nokia had officially announced it. I decided to get this phone as at the time 3 megapixel was the highest avalible on any mobile phone, i also loved the fact that wi-fi was built right in (i didn't have an ipod touch back then,) so having a mobile device that i could take round the house to browse the internet was a big factor in buying this phone

I am soon due to upgrade and realistically i am considering two phones either;

the LG Viewty for its 5.1 Megapixel camera
flash with Schneider-Kreuznach lens and ability to shoot video at 120 fps and touchscreen interface

or the Nokia N95 for its GPS abilities and 5 megapixel camera.

I am most likely going to opt for the LG viewty as although it crams in less technology my experience of the Nokia N80 was that it needed to be charged everyday, and when a phones battery is dead (which after a long phone call was often the case with the N80) the technology residing inside that phone can no longer be utilized. Also i am mostly a texter and a full screen touch keyboard is a big draw for me i am also able to dispense of needing wifi built into my phone as i now use my ipod touch as my primary mobile internet device

unrealistically i would opt for an iPhone (i cant afford one of these at the moment) or the Nokia N96, simply for the amount of technology packed into it

or my current favorite of my unrealistic wish list would be the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. This phone looks to be shaping up to be a very nice device for some who likes who is likes technology packed phones. The keypad would be great for me with all the texts i like to send. Although i like to have the best camera possible on my mobile phone of choice i know that the 3.1 megapixels that the Xperia X1 has to offer will be adequate for achieving a presentable picture.

I would also like this phone as my experience with Sony Ericssons has always been positive and i find the user interfaces on their phones to be more, friendly and intuitive to use.

I will no doubt be following what Sony Ericsson do with the Xperia range with avid interest.

You can find out more about what other Digital Media projects i am involved in by visiting http://www.lukebeaumont.co.uk

I hope to hear back from you soon

Regards

Luke Beaumont"

For over a month i did not hear anything back, but just thought to myself, the idea of blogging as a professional is a nice idea and blogging on a topic i like would be amazing, but just thought who is going to employ a uni student, who can not prove they have a track record of being able to post on a regular basis

Today I got a reply from one of the companies I e-mailed offering me a trail blogging for them

See the pictures below





So i am really REALLY happy about being given this opportunity, i'm also really nervous writing for your self is easy, as you can just say what is on your mind, where as with this I have to produce a certain amount of post by a certain time. Im sure once i get into the swing of things i will be fine and hopefully it will fine tune my skills to improve my personal blog posts.

Im also secretly hoping that i can climb the blogging ladder, to the point that I can develop my name into my brand, and people will send me new tech to review, but no doubt that will be in the very distant future, if at all. Its a nice thought and i think its good to have goals.

1 comment:

rockbigdave said...

Epic man! Congrats! :D

Well chuffed for ya, kinda jelous too, hehe. :D

You better link me to post's ya make matey. :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics