Wednesday 3 December 2008

.tel Domains

On Wednesday, companies and organizations can register Web addresses with a new top-level domain, .tel

A .tel domain name links to the contact information of businesses, organizations and individuals. Information can include telephone numbers; links to Web sites, including a Facebook or MySpace page; e-mail addresses; instant messaging names, and, if you wish, identities for virtual games such as Xbox Live or Second Life.

nytimes.com/2008/12/02



I would really like to register a .tel domain and put all my contact details online. If .tel becomes a standard in finding peoples contact details I would rather be part of it now rather than later (In the last year or so I have come to find being at the cutting edge is what gets you noticed in the online / digital world)

I currently agree with web transparency, using your really name etc. In the grand scheme of things I am quite happy to put my contact details online.

I am sure there will be many people who read this with shock horror! As we are often told not put any information such as contact details online

I believe I am web-savy enough to put my details online in a way that does not put me at "risk"

I have never put my phone number online, but if at some point I chose to do that I would almost certainly use a second phone, with a completely different number to my personal phone number.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics