Wednesday 3 December 2008

The Internet Generation / Grown up Digital

I have recently started to watch RocketBoom (and plan to add it to my iTunes podcast library)

The episode below looks at how technology to young people is just a part of their daily lives, and how this is affecting their development




Although when I was born there was no public access to the Internet and mobile phones were not widely owned by the general public, I do identify myself as one of these "technology kids"

I can often be found at home

  • TV on
  • Sending text messages
  • E-mailing
  • IM-ing
  • Consuming News (Video or On screen text)
  • Creating digital content

    all at the same time.

    I have heard this practice referred to as media stacking. I guess this means growing up using the Internet has given me really good switching abilities!

    I can relate really well to "Dilbert INC" I much prefer working in a collaborative group of people, especially when I am using collaboration tools that are freely available online. I find working in a collaborative group allows me to pool resources ideas and information.

  • No comments:

     
    Clicky Web Analytics