Tuesday 23 September 2008

Blogging With The Big Boys!

I am proud to announce that I have been selected by ITV-Local to go and cover the FA Cup 1st round. Guiseley vs Garforth




How did this come about I am sure you are asking.

Well a chain of events led to this fantastic opportunity

You may remember me posting the iJustine Apple Store Tour 2008 video on a multitude of blogs I own.

Jack who writes for http://blogs.itvlocal.com/yorkshire saw this video and got in contact with via e-mail




So here is what I will be doing on Saturday 27th September (This coming Saturday)

13.30 Meet at the ground for meet and greet.

13.45 Introduction to sports journalism, reporting tips, and other good practices. Creation of the reporting teams and quick reporting briefing. Handover of camera.

15:00 Kick off

15:45 Half time: refreshments (Food & Drink) and first opportunity to capture the reaction of fans

16:00 2nd half kick off

16:45 Full time: capture of fans post game reactions

17:00 Interviews with players and managers

18:00 Drinks at a local pub: Discussions and final thoughts.

19:00 End




I have been told that I should bring my laptop and a camera so I am going to be packing my MacBook (wish it was a MacBook Air now) and My N95 as I can take both Pictures and Video's to capture what I get up to.

I am tempted to take my MiniDV camera too just so I can capture a bit of video to edit up and put online at a later date

I have also been told that at appropriate times throughout the day (or whenever desired) I will be provided with a broadband dongle so I can get online.

I am not sure if there is a limit on how much bandwidth I can use but I have a few ideas on what I may use it for but I need your help

What would you like to see my cover when I am there?

I should imagine if I am only provide with a broadband dongle at certain times Twittering wont be very effective.

I am tempted to use my blogTV.com account to stream some live video. (But this depends on how much bandwidth and time I have)

I am going to try and upload pictures as they day progresses (They will be going on my Blogger Account, and any written work will be posted on my Tumblr Account)

But what do you want to see me do. What would be the most effective way for me to communicate to you what I am doing. It's times like these I wish I had an iPhone as I would use the qik app to stream the whole day! That would be the most ultimate way for me to blog my whole day!

So leave me comments and tell me how you want me to communicate my day. Live stream? Upload photos? Write things up as I go along. If i do live stream I will try to twitter when I am casting

One More Thing

Post match I get the opportunity to interview the players and manager. If you have anything you want me to ask them, again I ask you to leave your questions in the comments and I will do my very best to get you some answers

Keep an eye on this blog and I will try to keep you updated with my preparations for covering the match!

2 comments:

rockbigdave said...

I vote stream, but then again it could be against some rules if the game is being aired by a TV Station... That way people can log into your stream and watch the footy for free, plus your added extras you do.

But what do you want to see me do. A BACKFLIP! :) Hehe.

Phelim said...

First of all, a big well done!

Streaming of some the day, if you can do it, would be great. You could also explore using a new twitter account to post tweets about it so your current one isn't flooded, or you could just use your current one and not give blow by blow accounts of what's happening perhaps. I'll think more and get back to you with some other ideas :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics